How You Can Beat The Best Locally Ranked Web Pages By The End Of The Week 100% Guaranteed – Part 1 of 3
What can you do right now to your website and pages to rank better locally? That’s a simple question not so easily answered. However, after sifting through all the hyperbole and considering all the factors which top SEO’s are currently debating, here are the 9 tasks which relate to the top factors that you can do to rank your pages higher on the top search engines (especially Google organic, google +, google maps and 3 pack).
- Write best title tags that encourage the click and improve your CTRs
- Write best H1/H2 tags to make the user want to read more and improve dwell times
- Write better meta descriptions to sell clicks and improve your CTRs
- Optimize URL slugs that sell the click and support what your local page is about to help improve CTRs
- Have schema markup on your website to gain more SERP real estate (like review snippets) that will make your listings stand out even more and to improve CTRs
- Drive users from your website to Google Maps to get “driving directions” to your location(s) to improve rankings
- Increase your reviews on Google by investing in an automated review management system to improve rankings, CTRs, and convince looky-lous to become buyers
- Make sure your website is responsive and mobile-friendly to increase dwell rates and improve user experience
- Make sure your website loads fast on both mobile and desktop to improve dwell rates and improve users’ experience (remember, people love their back buttons and no one has time for a slow-loading website today)
So is that it? No. What makes the headline true and guarantee possible is that most of the top-ranking local businesses in many local markets are only doing 3-5 of the suggestions above and winning huge in local rankings. Sure there are some companies doing all nine suggestions… in that case, shoot me an email or call me at 408 3761060 and I will personally help you identify the additional steps you can take to put you on top. From my experience though, the majority of companies don’t take local SEO seriously. Take the attitude of the winners and you will win!
If you take the time to ensure you have done all nine suggestions. You will be that winning company when someone searches for your goods and services locally.
Part 2 will focus on what you can do to ensure you have complied with the Top 10 2017 Local Ranking Factors
(Reference: Moz Blog)